Belleview-Biltmore Hotel exterior
|Title:||Belleview-Biltmore Hotel exterior.|
Advanced Data Solutions, Inc., contributor
|Physical Form:||black-and-white photographs|
|Physical description:||7818650 Bytes|
|Abstract/Description:||Shot of Belleview-Biltmore Hotel across the lawn.|
Sun Photo P&T B.Biltmore 057 (local)
Migrated From: 1p15989coll1/id/5157 (uri)
Sun clipping attached to back reads: "The Grand Dame is 80 This Year- The grand dame of Belleair--The Belleview Biltmore Hotel--turns 80 this year (above) and opens for the winter season with a traditional noontime flag-raising ceremony Saturday. Pictured at left (photo, courtesy of Clearwater Chamber of Commerce) just after it was completed in 1896, the hotel was built by Henry B. Plant when he acquired the Orange Belt Railroad. It first opened Jan. 15, 1897 with the first guests arriving in private railroad cars. The Clearwater Sun is seeking other old pictures of places of interest in the area for use in a continuing series of then-and-now scenes."
Belleair, Pinellas, Florida
|Held by:||Clearwater Public Library System 100 North Osceola Avenue Clearwater, Florida 33755 (727) 562-4970 http://www.myclearwaterlibrary.com/.|
|Restrictions on Access:||
This document is available for scholarly and research use only. Ownership is retained by the Clearwater Public Library System. Permission for use must be given by the owner.